close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Big Shovels

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BigJohn, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Saw a show on Discovery Channel or one of those about the big shovels they used for strip mining, several of which are/used to be in Ohio. I know Big Muskie was torn down a few years ago. Is the Silver Spade still around. I'd like to go and see it and others if they are accessible. Anyone know anything about them?

2. I think there is a bucket from the big muskie still at the AEP grounds. I'm not sure about any of the others though. I haven't been to the big muskie bucket for quite awhile, but I still think it's there. For some reason I'm thinking they made like a park around it or something. Hopefully someone else has some more info.

Kevin

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Nice..... Man I saw "Big Shovels" & thought I was going to see some Catfish. Whats up w/ that? :D

4. rockbass

rockbass Banned

5. Sorry guys, didn't even think about that angle when I picked a title. Maybe it'll get more looks this way

6. BigJohn, there is a miners monument down at AEP Recreation land off of 78. They have the bucket from the Big Musky there.