Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Stick fish angler
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fish there? I was told by someone at a bait store that if you're looking to catch big catfish then big run is the place to go. I was also curious about any areas of the place that would be better then right in front of the parking area? Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
The only Big Run I know of is the city park on the west side of Columbus off Clime Rd and I didnt think there was a place to fish back there, the only kinda water back there is just a tiny creek running by it.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Thats the only one I know too. Big Run is a small run off stream. Doubt your gonna get any cats there, probably lots of cat bait swimming in there though!

·
Stick fish angler
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah sorry guys should've been more specific, its an inlet off of alum creek to the north.

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
This is the first I have ever researched the area and it seems like pretty well secluded area that wouldn't get much pressure. Lived in Delaware 27 years and never knew that branch of Alum was there. It looks like it would be time well spent over there!

·
Ohio Hawg Hunter
2,638 Posts
This is the first I have ever researched the area and it seems like pretty well secluded area that wouldn't get much pressure. Lived in Delaware 27 years and never knew that branch of Alum was there. It looks like it would be time well spent over there!
Big Run is the main creek arm of Alum Creek Reservoir coming in from the North West.

Very crowded with docked boats now that it is the designated swimming area.

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
Even out pleasure boating I have to say I have never been in that particular part of Alum don't know how I missed it.

·
walleyes and whitetails
384 Posts
there is a little creek that feeds that part of the lake to the north of the parking lot. i dont know where my brother parks but he fishes there from time to time and catches some pretty nice cats. big ones being 5-10lbs

·
Registered
354 Posts
The only Big Run I know of is the city park on the west side of Columbus off Clime Rd and I didnt think there was a place to fish back there, the only kinda water back there is just a tiny creek running by it.
Thats the only one I know too. Big Run is a small run off stream. Doubt your gonna get any cats there, probably lots of cat bait swimming in there though!
funny thing is that my friend actually caught a nice rainbow trout out of big run creek....not sure how it got in there

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts