Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has been many discussions about big boards and setup, but I am looking for a new set of boards and just looking for opinion on a couple of brands if anyone is using them. Currently I am running the Amish outfitters plastic boards and are small, light, and lag way behind at times.
Looking at Aurora lites large board or a triple board from AllTackle. Anyone using these or have any thoughts about other boards that walk and pull hard?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
florida ice fishing
13,806 Posts
I went to karrens shop in geneva Ohio and bought a set of homemade double boards that pulled hard and kept the line tight, these were the best boards I have ever used. check them out before you buy.

·
Fishin-For-Fun
1,944 Posts
Aurora Lites are supposed to be great boards. We keep meaning to give them a try but timing just has not worked out... I hear they will let you try-to-buy them??? Can ask anyway...

I am running a set of triples. Likely very similar to the ones from Karens in Geneva as mine came from Geneva area too. Same builder or similar build from what I have seen at Karens. The triples do pull well but could be better. The wind/waves will occasionally give issues with stalling. And stalling means tangled lines. On a good day though, i can run out all my board line.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used aurora lights boards back in my chartering days.They pull very hard and you can pull lots of lines,keep in mind if you get there biggest board they are very heavy and hard to get back in the boat sometimes.Used to pull up to six 50 jets per side with them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Aurora Lites are supposed to be great boards. We keep meaning to give them a try but timing just has not worked out... I hear they will let you try-to-buy them??? Can ask anyway...

I am running a set of triples. Likely very similar to the ones from Karens in Geneva as mine came from Geneva area too. Same builder or similar build from what I have seen at Karens. The triples do pull well but could be better. The wind/waves will occasionally give issues with stalling. And stalling means tangled lines. On a good day though, i can run out all my board line.
put 4" angle eyern with driled 1" a part holes for main line hook up.when you hook to last hole they pul hardest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts