Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late start today. Those coming into the dock appeared to have fared well perch fishing in the morning. 1 guy - 1 nice ticket. 2 guys 40 perch plus caught lots of junk. Both around 41-43 FOW NE of Beaver. Headed that way early afternoon and caught only small perch and very slow bite. Headed in to 28 FOW East of Beaver and 2 guys on a steady bite picked up 42 big perch in 1 1/2 hours (10-12 inches) with no junk (best size fish of the year) Weighed 18 pounds.

·
2,417 Posts
Do you have any numbers on that spot east of Beaver in 28 FOW. We were one of those in 41 - 43 FOW NE of Beaver. Sounds like you got bigger fish that we got.

·
best to come
49 Posts
Hey Meercat. We decided to go to Conneaut yesterday. 3 of us caught 90 big beautiful perch in 1 1/2 hrs. Then trolled a while with worm harnesses, and caught 6 nice walleye. 2 of them being 10lbs. Will give you a shout the next time we go to Vermillion.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
We fished 38~39 FOW just east of the Vermilion breakwall and got a total of a dozen for 5.5# at the cleaner. Got on the lake at 10:30 am and left for the dock at 2:30 pm, about an hour or so after the the lake got snotty.

The guy at the cleaner said no big perch catches came in today, the largest so far was 4 guys coming in with 27.5#'s..................he said there were lots of 5 to 6 fish drop offs.

How things change in a day.

Edit: Oops....off on the weight and time we headed back.

Nice to read of others having a nice catch, including today (9-26).

·
2,417 Posts
We got on the water about 10:30 and went to 27.3/14 in about 26 FOW. It was really slow but the fish were big and there was no junk. We did not hear of anyone doing any good so we stayed were we were and kept picking. By 3:30 we only had about 20 but we were rewarded when suddenly they really turned on and it was straight up and down jumbos. We never quite got our limit as my buddy had to leave by 4:30 but we managed 53 perch that weighed in at 28 pounds. It did get a little chunky out there with that NE wind!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice catch Meerkat. That's exactly how they acted for us the day before when they turned on about 3:30 p.m. and we quit at 5:00 because we needed to head in.

·
Registered
979 Posts
i was out there yesterday as well. started around 10 just west of beaver in front of the old factory 26'. quickly pulled in a 12" perch and thought i was on them. nothing more there. tried where mr. meerkat was talking about, nothing, tried in about 40' in a small pack out from there. tried over off the lorain lighthouse in 38' and then 47'. tried back in 28' near the hospital. at 3:00 had 4 perch. finally went to 39' straight out of beaver and was finished with a limit by 4:30. nice fish and not too much junk. it really was rolling pretty good out there

·
Registered
102 Posts
When and where is the perch fry? Just kidding, been slow out of the Rocky River, hopefully things pick up in October. Got my minnow tanks ready in the garage

·
Registered
867 Posts
just got off the water. 39fow, just east of the water works. there's a decent pack out there now. We got our 30 (that's all I like to clean) in less that 1 hr 30 mins. Quite a bit of junk, but some nice white bass and they fight good. Lost a 17" eye at the boat. Perch size was decent but nothing to write home about.
Didn't think we'd be able to fish based on the forecast, but it was pretty flat earlier. The wind is coming up ENE, but it's not horrible yet and might not get too bad.
Thanks for the info, Meerkat. We might have fished inland if not for your report!
Go get 'em fellers!
ErieBoy75

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
preacherman.....sometimes ya got to be a tourist before ya become a fisherman:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts