close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Big or Little Darby? 7/21

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cheezemm2, Jul 22, 2004.

1. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

Well, I went fishing for the first time at one of the Darby creeks...have no idea which one though...I was near a canoe livery called Trapper John's I believe...waded a little bit and caught 9 smallies overall...biggest came in around 11"....all caught on my secret bait ;) I never knew Columbus had this kind of scenery so close...If anyone ever wants to meet up near route 665 and wade that stretch of water, just give me a shout...Absolutely beautiful, and the water WAS perfect....I'm sure it's pretty blown out now because of the rain...so anytime someone wants to go from like 6pm-8pm on a weekday, lemmie know!!! MAN, those little guys can fight! Also, was talking to some people about shocking this, and said a 25lb flathead came up last week!

2. That would be the Big Darby. Nice job on the smallies and yes it is a very pretty creek to fish. It gives up some big cats every year, a few years ago a guy got a big blue that was over 50 lbs! I think it had to move up from the Scioto.