close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Big O 9-11-04

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by truck, Sep 12, 2004.

1. Hit the water about 9am,lots of debris & heavy current!Went to first spot caught 3 channels in about 20 mins,buddy tom broke off right by the boat or it would have been 4.

2. Went to next spot-nothing ,lots of gar. :( Fishing the back waters you get that alot.Went to next spot BIG ZERO again :mad: Next spot made my dreams come ture!!!!

3. Got 2 fish,Tom's 10lb6oz my 6lb or less.While we were trying to get them in another pole goes down!Got it to the boat just as we get the other 2 in and the leader breaks :mad:

4. Next thing that happened I will never forget,rod goes down.I am holding it a couple mins,Tom says bring it to the back of the boat.I am holding this rod straight up in the air watching the line go out to the river channel,and can't slow it down.With the river at 40+ft,heavy current the fight was on!!!!After about 25-30 mins I have a big blue in the boat.Before we could get it out of the net Tom says(I have a real good one on) :eek: After another big fish current fight we have 2 big blues on the floor :D

5. Mine was 44lb11oz Toms was 30lb2oz,these are the biggest fish either of us have ever caught :D

6. My biggest cat before this was 14lb.We left ar 1;30pm.Thanks for looking Daryl

7. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Great Fish, great pictorial Daryl..........Doc

8. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

Way to go Daryl!!!! Those are some great fish! Just goes to show that some of the best fishing can be had in some of the worst conditions.

9. metalman

metalman Not So Junior Member

Well done guys. A nice reward for braving the high water...W

10. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Congrats on your pesonal best cats, those are great looking fish!

11. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Great fishing guys.

I always thought fish would be caught by those who keep their hooks wet :D

I need a boat to get to my boat! :eek:

12. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

That's great. And you didn't have to get up in the middle of the night or grope around in the dark or spend a long time on the water either. :)

13. wtg!!!!!!! nice fish!!!!!!

14. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

congrats!!..fat belly..

15. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Nice fish !! That's a hog !! Glad to see you got a real trophy this year. :D

16. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

PS: Good job on the backgrounds.......just curious, is it the same spot we fished where your previous best came off of ??
    Another good thing....blues are further up in the river than previously and early in the year too. ;)