Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to add some new rod holders to the boat for erie trolling. I was looking at the Big Jon Doubles. I want to get something that will work with both inline boards and dipsy divers. My question is, will these holders give you enough space between each rod to be able to run 2 dipsy rods per side if needed? I assume they will be fine for 2 inlines with both holders in the vertical postion or 1 inline and 1 dipsy with one holder vertical and the other horizontal. Also are these holders easily removable for storage. I have a cover and would like to take them off after each trip.

Thanks for any info you can give.

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Looking to add some new rod holders to the boat for erie trolling. I was looking at the Big Jon Doubles. I want to get something that will work with both inline boards and dipsy divers. My question is, will these holders give you enough space between each rod to be able to run 2 dipsy rods per side if needed? I assume they will be fine for 2 inlines with both holders in the vertical postion or 1 inline and 1 dipsy with one holder vertical and the other horizontal. Also are these holders easily removable for storage. I have a cover and would like to take them off after each trip.

Thanks for any info you can give.
I personally think the holders are mounted too close together, but, I ran stock trips for dipsies several years. When I went from three to four a side, I had BigJon cut me two longer tracks so I got 9 1/2" between centers. I run em that way now, all rods pointed at the horizon. To remove, you unscrew two small bolts per side, leaving a 3/8" ish base plate.

·
716 Posts
I have Big Jon quads & routinely run 3 Dipseys off of them. If I were U I would consider paying just a bit more & getting triples. That way U can run your dipseys on the two outer ones wich would be farther apart than doubles, & still have room for a board rod, flat line, net, or just a handy spare rod/ rod holder.

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
They have the new ones that rotate...if your buying thats what id look into...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts