close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Big GMR Channel Cat

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Trophy Hunter, Apr 21, 2008.

1. The catfish are hitting! No Flatheads as of yet however I took three nice Channels yesterday on dead-six-inch Stonerollers. My brother caught a nice one on a piece of cut bait. Here is a pic of the big one. If I had to guess a weight I would say this fish is over fifteen pounds. Sorry about the cell-phone-picture quality. 266439325_899707098_0[1].jpg

2. Nice fish, thats for sure!!
    Salmonid

3. neocats1

neocats1 Team Catastrophe

nice fish. congrats

4. Not to start anything here, but as I keep looking, the picture must not be doing the fish any justice, from my guess its about 8-9 lbs tops but then again, it may have had a huge belly you cant tell sometimes pictures are quite deceiving. Get the berkley scale for next time and will keep the guessing out of it. I always carry a scale now as well as a camera and a tape measure, that eliminates any guess work, plus youll never really know how much it weighed so your personal best will be a guesstimate until you top it. Great fish any way you slice it!!

Salmonid

5. I hear ya Salmonoid. It does look like a 10pounder give or take in the picture. Conceivable it could go either way. I'm a little biased when I claim over 15.