close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Big Fish

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by musk, Jun 30, 2008.

1. musk

musk MUSK-E-MIKE

I Just Like To Catch Big Fish! A Few Of My Friends Are Into The Flatheads And I've Always Wanted To Get One. Muskys Have Been My Passion But I'm Branching Out. I Live Close To Lake Erie.(cleveland) Can I Get A Big Flat Or Channel
    Any Advice Appreciated
    Musk-e-mike Cline

2. neocats1

neocats1 Team Catastrophe

I suggest going along with your friends sometimes and fish with them.

3. musk

musk MUSK-E-MIKE

I will, but I'm interested in close to home info. like lake erie, There should be some monsters around????

4. I don't think there is many,if any Flatheads in Lake Erie.

5. I would try Mosquito off the causeway at night. They get some big ones.

6. There are nice flatheads and channel cats both in Lake Erie, I have caught SEVERAL nice Channel Cats fishing crawler harnesses for walleyes, and my buddy caught a 15lb Flathead out of there this year.

If I were you Id try cut shad, or nightcrawlers for channels and see how you do...

You would probably catch alot more fish from an inland river or lake though...

7. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Go fish now at any marina inlet you can get permission to fish at if you're bank fishing. You'll be surprised how many channel cats can be caught in those areas on shad. Might of missed it by a week or so but they love the rip rap in those areas for spawning.

8. musk

musk MUSK-E-MIKE

I have done quite a bit of night fishing on the big lake but never targeted cats. I'll have some time the next couple months so I'll have to give it a try. Hopefully they don't move way out in the lake like alot of fish.