Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the afternoon today east of Vermillion. While I await my first double digit walleye, my buddy, Brother B, boated two over ten pounds, plus an 8 1/2 pounder as a kicker.

I boated a 6 3/4#, and a fat 20"er, with a sheephead kicker.

Reef Runners trolled at 1.5 mph, 150 back.

The 8 1/2

Attachments

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Looks like you guys stumbled on a herd of hawgs Het. Nice job!

Those sheep can put a serious hit on.....they can be a fun diversion especially on slower days.

Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Nice catch Het. Next time you gotta get off the wheel and on the rod so you finally get the double digit.:)

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,461 Posts
He called me and said we took two 10's Im like finally, BUT he didn't reel them in, that's okay his boat, my program ( LOL) his camera, his exitement. Vermillion can be awesome you know.

Great job buddy, like Scott said that chick needed a nose job.

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
Those are awesome fish.

Het, you're not alone in the (lack of a) double digit fish. I've been fishing for them on and off for over thirty years and still haven't got there. Plenty of 8's and 9's even a 9.75 lb'er...but not that 2 digit left of the decimal point fish. That's the beauty of fishing, some get them and some don't...it'll happen one day, and hopefully soon...! ;)

·
Super Moderator
3,928 Posts
great job getting your bro. onto those hogs het.

he owes you big time now.

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeeet ! There are some nice fish in the Vermilion / Huron area right now.;) Congrats on the catch Steve and Brother B.

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Like they say, there is no 'I' in TEAM. I have just as much fun driving and netting. Too see those pigs emerge from the depths behind the boat is a pure adrenaline rush. The first pig got the lure tangled on the outside of the net, and I thought we were gonna lose it. After a lot of screaming and cursing, we managed to get it on the right side of the net.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,461 Posts
Steve what did me and Scott tell you, you said it was a bold statement, yes it was but very very true, we don't mess around dude. I'm happy for you guys that's great fishing right there.

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great job buddy, like Scott said that chick needed a nose job.

How ironic. Two 'big boned' guys and a bald feller sitting in a booth, eating sushi, arguing whether or not a gorgeous young lady needs a nose job. I can say with confidence that I'm sure we've all had worse.:D :D

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,461 Posts
I'm glad you classified us as Big Bones, how politically correct. So thank you. Yeah I've had much worse too. :D

When are you going Vermilion/Huron Next? I was thinking Saturday morning, it might blow a little but after last weekend, 3's and 4's look small, totally fishable.

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ya Het you could have said i was folically challenged. Thanks buddy..

............or that you suffer from 'Chromeus Domeus'

I wasn't ragging on you, but since you aren't 'big boned' like me and Kevin, it's the first thing that came to mind. You wear it well, though.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,461 Posts
LOL that's so funny, man what a good time that was over the weekend to bad it got cancelled.

I might go fishing after work not sure yet.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts