Big Fall Bass!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by NewbreedFishing, Oct 4, 2007.

1. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

fished all day yesterday 8-8pm
    caught a bit of everything including hybrid stryper, crappie and grass carp:confused:

after warming up on those chump fish i switched locations for some evening bassin. water was erie and dead calm...fish were not active from what i could tell. the lilly pad spinner bait bite was very slow, so i grabbed my crankbait rod and drifted into the center of a cove and started blind casting a shallow muck bottom flat. then came the BIG ONE ! on the end of a mega long cast my crankbait fluttered on top and before it had a chance to dive a 5+ plus fish errupted and sucked it completely down i reacted and set the hook and the fish attempted to tail walk. was such a beautiful site.
    my brother lipped the fish and we returned to the dock to operate and take a few pics. i was determined to release this beast unharmed. it had inhaled a large norman wide wobbler (white/purple) piercing one of its gill rakers. it popped out pretty easily and i release her after some picture's. a few deep breaths and back out to the very same area and another hog inhales the crank. not as big as the first one (around4lb.) but the same senerio....long cast and great fight. the rest of the night was pretty dead...we got 2-3 smaller ones and returned to casting the same flat but things fizzled.

here is a phone cam. picture of the biggest.

[​IMG]

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

nice fish indeed.looks like it's been eating good too:D

3. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

What a hawg. Great looking fish. Well done!

4. Nice work Mitch!!!...now I'm REALLY sorry I couldn't make it.

5. That's a huge LM. It actually looks bigger in the pic than the 5+ reported. How often does that happen...:D

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

LOL.great point:D
    i told him earlier that it looked bigger.but that was a private conversation,so as not to upset the routine;)

7. Actually...it doesn't look an ounce over 4 to me. What kind of scale did you use Mitch? I think you might wanna recalibrate that thing. Also...don't you know that you shouldn't hold a heavy fish by the lip only...you should always support a fish that size under the belly with a 2nd hand. ROFL!!!!!!!

8. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

thanks fella's. normally i have my yardstick and most guys i fish with have scales but not last night. anyway those things lie to much:D

went down my buddy list calling anyone i could to go with me.
    dan ...hope the pic. didnt make you any sicker??!%

i believe this one has to be one of my top 5 fish of my 15 years of hardcore bassin. it came up 2x and made my knee's weak.
    i was conservative on the length. i have held many a 20" but this thing was massive.
    i will have some really nice pictures my brother took with his good camera so maybe we will all be humbled. a better picture could add some xtra weight.:D

Getcha some Fall~Hogs

ohh, no one noticed how i spelled stryper....:confused: :eek: :D

9. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Bucketmouth. Nice job Mitch!

10. nice job on that huge bass. Now only if i could find a place that holes a ton of those.

11. Wow!! Now thats a nice a$$ fall bass.Where did you catch it? Public or private water? Congrats on a great bass.

12. Nice fish! Looks like its been feeding well for winter.

13. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Nice fish. Cant wait to catch a Smallmouth that big lol.

14. Basskisser1

Basskisser1 And A Kiss For Good Luck!

What a PIG..................good job!!!!!

15. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

That's a pig! I'd say 5lbs is a good conservative estimate.

16. Great job Mitch!! I know you have been dieing to get into some big bass lately,looked like the wait was worth it. :) Man looks like Indian Lake with all those Pads!!:p

17. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

Nice bass, thats what keeps us loving this great sport!

18. FINN

FINN Senior Member

good work brah, thats bass fishin at its finest