Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I have been busy working this week, so I haven't had the chance to check out any of the bait shops. As anyone ran into any big Emerald Shiners in any bait shops East of the Western basin? The minnows they were serving up out West are great and I'd like to get some for the coming weekend, but don't feel like heading that far West. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Wes

·
Registered
9,378 Posts
From past ice fishing experiences and conversations, I tried something that worked great at Turtle Sunday. Using hair jigs with trebles, put one shiner on the jig and one on each of the treble hook hooks. We had a mix of large and smaller but I had the idea to try it and it was as good or better than one large shiner. Later in the morning, if you swept the jig fast enough without a stinger or any shiner at all, they nailed it just as well. Shortdrift caught as many or more than most at the gathering and didn't tip his jigs.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys,

Thanks for the replies. I was looking for the big Shiners for some Smallie fishing this weekend. The Emeralds they had out West were perfect. Maybe I'll try netting a few tonight.

Wes

·
Registered
947 Posts
I believe Kulis in Bedford carries bass shiners and West Branch bait should have them.

MikeC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts