close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Big Darby

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by yaklevi, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Hello, I am new to the area and I am within walking distance to big Darby Creek. Can anyone offer tips or suggestions for fishing the area? I live near West Jefferson, and Galloway. Thanks:)

2. I have had descent luck in the Darby with Rebel wee craws and black and silver floating Rapalas, as far as live bait goes if you can afford them softcraws will work if you can keep the rockers off of them, since you live so close to the creek it should be easy enough to explore it some but be wary of farmers who have there land posted, some are nice enough..some not so nice.

3. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

My go to baits are. Texas Rigged Tube 1/32nd sinker brown. Huskey Jerk in Baby Bass Color or Black and Silver. Rebel Minnow Black and silver. and this old Craw Bait crank i have with a sliver lip and it is alos Black and silver. those colors seem to work best, make sure it has a white belly. i dont use spinner all that much but sure they would work. the tube is my go to bait. the first thing i throw. throw at deep holes, deep holes right after rapids, throw in rapids, behind the rocks were it pockets in. throw at rocks in the water, tree roots off the bank. calm right after rapids. and deep still water. Yes that seems to cover all the kinbs of water but those are the key features to look for. and ya dont come acroos some of those as often as ya think.