Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm brand new to the forum. Basically brand new to fishing. (i got my first rod just 2 years ago and I still just am putting together some basic tackle) But I have really taken an interest in it this year. Aside from a few guided trips for Salmon in michigan and redfish down in New Orleans, I've never really done it on my own. but this year, I thought I needed a new hobby and got into wading some of the local streams and rivers. In short, I've had a blast. I've fished over 60 hours this year and had some moderate success, but from browsing this forum the last couple weeks, I've learned an awful lot. So thanks to all!

So I'll warn you, I'll probably ask ignorant questions, and I just ask for a little patience and understanding!

I had my most successful outing yesterday wading the Big Darby. We were really trying to catch smallies and decided to use white and chartreuse spinners at the direction of one of you. (I've had no luck with plastics or crawdads in the streams all year). Well, my brother and I waded for about 3 hours and caught about a dozen rock bass and 4 smallmouths between us. Nothing of any size, but had a ton of action.

Can't wait to get out again. And look forward to learning a whole lot more.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the catch...i also fish the darby near 665 not wadeing but from the shore and love the small mouth action... although i think it has slowed down in the area..
good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts