Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I went to Darby today with every intention of smallmouth fishing , but the big crappies and big rock bass were just begging to be caught !! We ended up with 5 keeper crappie between 10 to 12 " and several large rock bass. I caught all the big crappie on live minnows or a bobber and a 1/16 oz. tube jig. We probably caught between 20 to 25 crappies and those 5 nice ones will meet the black iron skillet !We are going to try the rock bass also , has any of my fellow fishermen ever fried up big rock bass ? I will post and let everyone know how they were . Sure was a very enjoyable 4 hrs. on the river !

Keep fishin' :T

·
Lucky Fisher, or skilled?
1,887 Posts
we saw a guy and his son there might of been you, never know. looks like the darby was on fire.

good job man.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We were fishing North of Plain City, really don't want to give away my "money" hole location ! I have been fishing Darby for a very long time and have never got as far south as Plain City . Get out their before the next big rain and catch these fish , take some live minnows and fish up next to the bank , unbelievable ! Good luck !!

Keep fishin"

·
Lucky Fisher, or skilled?
1,887 Posts
was not you we saw but thanks for the tip. we were around batelle not no secret spot but thought it would be nice and it was.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am fishing Darby tomorrow in Union county , is their any place around Marysville to get minnows ? I jig fish alot , sometimes it is nice to have some some lively minnows ?

Keep fishin' :B

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
fnf,
Croy's bait & tackle on 4th street, just about 1 1/2 blocks east of main. Weird hours sometimes & not a very good count , but they're close. If you are not real familiar with M'ville ; take Rt 38 (s. main) to 5th (main square) and go right. Make a left at the Shell station & go to 4th. Bait store to the right.
When I was young, we ate a bunch of rockies, especially out of the cold water. Pretty tasty little fish , but turn some of the big ones back as the overall quality of rock bass fishing has gone way down in the past 10 years.
See ya on the Darby ........ I fish the same stretch
Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts