Big Darby Sunday

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by tpat, Aug 3, 2008.

1. tpat

tpat

floated 4 miles from trappers. caught a 12" smallie within sight of trappers right away on a chartreuse and gold rooster tail. switched to a chartreuse twister tail on a jig tipped with a little salad shrimp and got a 12" largemouth...a first for me on the darby. then couldnt really get a good program going. caught a few rock bass after switching from the jig to just a plain hook with shrimp. then switched back and forth the rest of my float. hooked up with another smaller smallmouth on the rooster tail but he jumped and threw it back at me. all fish came from shady spots close to the bank. they were trying to keep cool like me.

this was a debut for the shrimp idea. heard someone else on here recommend it. i was not very disciplined at putting them back in my cooler, so i smelled like red lobster by the time my float was up.

2. Yea I got mine along the shore and next to the weeds where they could stay cool. Was the water clarity getting better or was it still a little merky?

3. tpat

tpat

it was just about perfect. now if i could just get rid of the thousand other kayaks and canoes...

4. were there that many on the water through there? ive never seen more than two at a time where we float at.