Ohio Game Fishing banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down to Darby today hoping to get into some smallmouth and after about 10-15 minutes of throwing a 1/8th oz. jig I hooked into this and it was a real surprise for me my first ever flathead!

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
LOL @ USMC and LOTP!

I'm guessing for were issuing a pole not designed for catfishing then? Either way, great catch!

Mr. A

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah this is for real I was afraid to post this due to the other thread lol! I was using my bait casting rod with 12 pound test probably the only reason I landed it.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
they are awesome to catch on bass gear... every once in awhile I hook one while bass fishing and its always a fun fight....

on the rare occasion I target them, I spool up my flipping rods with 65lb power pro... its a lot of fun...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wow, Great Job!!! I bet that was a rush on the gear you were using. Take long to land it??

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was a blast on my setup! I wish I could hook into them more often, but that was my first. And it wasn't a super long fight but I did film it and I think about 7 minutes.

·
Registered
198 Posts
It was a blast on my setup! I wish I could hook into them more often, but that was my first. And it wasn't a super long fight but I did film it and I think about 7 minutes.
Yes definitely post the video would a awesome to see!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I did, I have a Contour mounted on a hat and I film mostly all my trips. I'd love to post it but my spot where I caught it would be a dead giveaway.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.