Big Darby 7-14

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Docjr, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Docjr

Docjr 800 miles from Hatteras

A buddy and I did the canoe trip from Trapper John's down stream on Saturday. Very little flow, water looks to be way down. Between the 2 of us we picked about 15 smallies, up to 14" or so, and a few other odds and ends, including what looked like a 3" sauger - interesting critter. Camera didn't work, of course.

The fish were really tight to cover with a little deep water near by - and were only biting when things quieted down. Everything came on light-colored 3" twisters.

Really pretty stream, looking forward to trying it again this fall when there's a little more flow.

2. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

sounds like a good day. The Darby is a great stream.

3. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

Sounds like my typical darby trip, very few fish and even less water. Same bait type too.

4. I used to fish that area alot a few years back, I started fishing the river pretty heavy and slacked off the Darby quite a bit, I should try to start fishing that area again.

5. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

hit the darby yesterday for some solo smallie action and stuck 2 nice ones in the first hole around 13-14" and then hit a horse that had to be close to 18-19" that fought like a wild bull:B

1/4oz. lightwire(weedless head) 4" yamato creature tube/punkinseed
    1/4 oz. spinnerbait bluefox single chartruese willowblade with glow skirt

wanted to hike back into the bush but lingering storms kept me close to the parking area because our last attempt almost proved fatal!:eek:

finished the night by stopping over at trapper j's and assulted a school of smaller fish on a zara puppy