close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Big Daddy

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Bassy, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Bassy

Bassy Bass the other white meat

Carl,
    I read in another post that you have the 2 man flip Frabill shanty. I was wondering why you decided on this rather than the Fish Trap or the HT Polar Magnam? The reason Im asking is 2 years ago I bought the Frabill Ranger Solo, comparable to the Fish Trap Pro, I didnt like it at all, it was extreamly heavy for a one man plus it had bucket molds in the sled which dragged snow making it even heavier, my dad bought the Frabill Ultra Lite and it has bucket molds in it as well, it pulls like a anchor with snow, even at 32-35 pounds. I bought the Fish Trap Scout and it pulls easier than dad's Frabill Ultra Lite. My brother bought the HT Polar Escape and it pulls just as easy as mine. Im thinking about getting a 2 man flip and Im leaning on the HT Polar Magnam. Does your new one have the molds in it? I know its a preference but I was just wondering what sold you?

I know, I know, take the weight of the shanty, plus all your gear, vex, auger, poles, minnows, and the 100 fish to bring back with you, they will all be heavy to drag. :eek:

Have a good weekend,
    Scott
    (Bassy)

2. The frabill Ice Cruiser 200 is the one I have. I love it. The main reason I bought it was because it's roof is tall. I don't have to duck to stand up in it. Yes, even my big frame.

It pulls OK and I really have no issues with it at all. I want to get the seat kit so I can add seats. The floor isn't molded to hold buckets, but folding chairs work great, unless you weigh as much as I do and you crush them.... :rolleyes:

It's like a condo inside. Lots of room, both upward and deep-wise. Glad I got it.

If you head up to Presque Feb 19, you can stop by and check it out.

Hope this answers your questions...