Big cats!

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by scott17b, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Was out boating on the ohio around the 275 bridge near lawrenceburg on saturday. Right before dark saw two huge cats in the shallow water. (Surprised me) Both were in about 3 feet of water and about 100 yrds apart. Guessing around 25lbs for one and the other almost double that! Never fished that bank before but will be soon.

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I know it does get very shallow there (as you said) so watch out while boating @ night.

3. catking

catking Banned

Flatheads are shallow water cats for the most part(less than 15'of water) and for the most part less than 10'. Blues like the deep waters, but all will go shallow to feed , mostly the flatheads. The Ohio river looks GREAT right now, and saw a few weed beds of a couple hundred feet long in areas, up stream. Great time to be boating at night for the cats.... THE CATKING !!!

4. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

I've finally worn off most of "The Curse" and have been catching a few. Now I'm screwed for the rest of the year since I've read one of your posts.

"You've cursed me Rick- Damn you!!!"

UFM82

5. catking

catking Banned

Still using DA KING !!! as an excuse for your shortcommings as far as cattin goes :confused: .Dang Craig, you still sing the same old blues.....:p nice seeing some old timers..good for the soul.....;) ....DA KING !!!