close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Big cats soon

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by katfish, Aug 25, 2005.

1. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Although Mmagis and I know we need some hurricane rains to cool the water we keep washing our bait. Last weekend Kayla got a few channel cats and I coaxed a little flathead into biting.

[​IMG]

The water temperature was 80/81 degrees. The nights are getting longer and cooler but rains left over from hurricanes quickly cool the water and turn the bigger fish into feeding machines.

As usual I released the 23 pound flathead to grow into a bigger fish :D

[​IMG]

I hope to have some bigger cats to show you in a few weeks ;)

2. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Nice fish none the less Robby, glad to see you're back on your feet and kickin' some cat butt :)

3. NICE FISH! i think the fall bite will start to pick up in two weeks and then its HAMMER TIME!!!!!!!!!

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Robby, I would take that 23-lber right now and be happy!

5. someday I would love to get to the point where I call a 23lb flat a little flat - nice fish

6. We are all hoping for more fish soon ;) Dang I am real tired of this hot summer :(

7. I was out on Piedmont last Saturday night.....nothing......had one snappy burst of a run....but no luck.

8. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

i was out a couple of nights ago at one of my honey holes on the GMR. And i had my 50lb fireline get snapped. I wanted to cry, it ran on a 12 to 16 in shad. I can't wait for the fall bite. Nice job on the 23 pound flathead.

9. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

That was your problem. junk.