Big Catfishing?

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by FishJunky, Apr 23, 2008.

1. FishJunky

FishJunky AEP Tuber Association

Are Chubs a good bait to use for big to avg. size catfish? How would you fish them live under a bobber? Are they good cut bait? Any help would be great. Thanks

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

great bait for channels.live or cut.fished on bottom or under a bobber.also good flathead bait in the large size.i think they're(live) better in streams in warmer weather,as they don't tolerate high lake temps and lack of current well.

3. neocats1

neocats1 Team Catastrophe

Yes they are good for bait both ways.

4. TexasRigged

TexasRigged Lover of all things wet.

Hmm, FishJunky asking Catfishing questions.... I bet I know why ;)

5. FishJunky

Why would you say that Texas? Just a question.:confused: :p

6. Ðe§perado™

Ðe§perado™ Catfisherman/Bowfisherman

They will work great. I prefer shad for my channels and larger live bait for my flatheads.

7. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

i like to use live chubs for both channel cats and flatties ..............i use the smaller 3-6 inch chubs for channels and the larger chubs 6-10 inches for flatties !! chubs also work great as cut bait..........ive caught both channel cats and flatties on cut chubs !!!

8. FishJunky

Thanks for the all the info guys. I'll let you know how I do with pics.

9. Chubs are my favorite bait for both channel cats and flatheads, chubs are one of the best baits out there...Live chubs are better for flatheads but cut chubs will work as well, Flatheads mostly prefer large live baits though...