Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Have Water, Will Fish
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late saturday nite after fishing for crappie, was trying to catch a few bass when a huge strike almost pulled rod from my hands. 12 to 15 minutes later and I had netted a 28" Carp which weighed 19 lbs 7 oz. Biggest fish I ever caught, especially fun given the six pound test. I was swimming a jig with a grub on in when he grabbed it and ran. To say the least, it was one heck of a battle that left me tired once netted, weighed, photographed and turned loose. I will post pictures once developed.

·
Have Water, Will Fish
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Twist: Horrible! Rain had lake up about a foot, real discolored. EVen the locals are complaining about the bite this spring. Must have something to do with the late spring is their answer.

·
rrbski, The Happy Carper
504 Posts
Nice catch...congrats...look forward to seeing the pic. :)

·
Banned
5,617 Posts
Was that or was that not fun,Creek :confused: That's a heck of a capr on light tackle. Last time I got one like that on my crappie rig, the pole broke down inside the cork handle........ :mad: Nice going !!! DA KING !!!

·
Have Water, Will Fish
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Catking: The real bad part of the whole deal is when I lifted it from the net, it was so heavy that as I weighed it and had someone take a picture, the big fella rubbed up against me and...... I was instantly Carp slimed. Not the most appetizing thing right before my pizza and bud light after fishing.

·
Registered
717 Posts
It seems like quite a few crappie fishermen get surprised by carp each spring. At Lake Vesuvius, a few decades ago, a guy was fishing for crappie with a small doll fly on a cane pole and caughtr either a 12 or 14 lb northern pike - I would have loved to have seen that battle!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts