close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

big blues`

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by going fishing, Jun 3, 2007.

1. anyone looking for big blues, miami whit water forest is good we pulled two out of there last night over 20 and one over thirty. Took my brother inlaw fishing for the first time he missed five runs.

2. where were you fishing at miami whitewater i have never really had any luck there

3. straight across from the boat house with live whole shad you will pick up shovels but all the way down to the left looking out from the boat house you can pick up the blues with cut bait, you go past the first two in lets we will be going back two saturdays from now we usually go every week but family birthday
    FYI from memorial to labor the boat house is open from 6:00 to midnight

4. On my "to do" list is to try for one of those blues on the yak. Will they let you net shad there?

5. YAK???
    Suppossedly you are not allowed to net shad there but i do it every time and i know of at least three other regulars that do

6. hey do you have to pay to fish up there? also you fish on the bottom or with floats?

7. bottom if you want blues but the shovels will hit lkive bait on a float the best we always go bottom for blues we have caught shovels and channels like this to
    i think it is 15 for a boat but they give you a free boat pass for every 15lbs of fish you throw back in at the end of the night we havent had to pay since the first time

8. hey man thanks for the info. I think i am going to head up there tom or sat. i also have couple more questions if you dont mind. I take it you are fishing at night? also if so hwo late do they let you stay out for, can you bring a trollin motor? also is there any good spot to fish from shore or is a boat the best way to go. any help will be appriciated thanks man.

9. yes at night on saturdays from 6:00 to 12:00 is the best you can bring your own trolling motor
    word of advice get your anchors up if you hook one i cant tell you the stories people say of loosing the big fish wrapping on the anchor line

10. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Is this a public free lake to fish or do you pay to fish?

11. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

its free to fish. You need a hamilton county park sticker to get in the park though. There is only is only a small bank fishing area. It is definitely most productive to rent one of their boats.