close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

big bass pic

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jeffmo, Sep 2, 2004.

1. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i thought some of you might want to see this pic of a bass that my older brother got back in the early 80's.
    if my memory is right it weighed 9lb15oz.darn good fish!!!
    now here's the bizarre part.about a week after he took it to the taxidermist he got a call back from the guy and he said when he got started on the fish there was a redwing blackbird in its belly!!! mean fish!

Attached Files:

2. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

Man that is a HOG! Nice fish.....

3. jeffmo

yeah,it was taken here in central ohio.funny thing is that he's always had a knack for catching big fish.

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Great Bass!!!! Caught in Ohio?

5. Now that's a trophy!!

6. That is a great fish. I am curious. has he ever topped that one in Ohio in the years since?

7. My old man got one below Griggs when they built the RV park. It went 10.2 Since the divorce and us not talking probably impossible to get a pic. First largemouth he had ever caught there! Also same year got a 5lb smallie! Ill check with mom to see if she still has the pics!

8. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

There used to be a picture of someone with a mounted smallie down @ r&r..came from below Griggs....went about 7 something lbs....looked similar in size to the largemouth....it was massive. I got a 5-6lb 21' smallie this spring from below Griggs...Thing was a hog...looked like a Erie smallmouth...Tried to take a 7' bluegill...( was trying to catch flatheads!)..it stuck in its throat when I set the hook...It was a sight to see...a HUGE smallie with a HUGE bluegill tail hanging out of its mouth....Couldn’t free the gilly so I had to let her go with the bluegill hanging out....she's hopefully still in there.

9. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

10. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

another Ohio Certified Hawg. Nice Fish. I hope it had brothers and sisters.

11. There is nothing wrong with that one going on somebody's wall.

Evidently he did have brothers and sisters since it was stated that he always has had the knack for catching big ones.:rolleyes:

12. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

hope you arn't slammen me.... I wansn't slammen anyone for anything. Hopeing a fish has brothers and sisters is a good thing and was meant in light humor.

I read the post and agree that there is nothing wrong with people taking fish to go on someones wall.

13. You are right. I probably made a wrong interpretation of your post. I know many times in the past on other sites in particular we had people get slammed for those pics. I guess I was too used to that type of response.

My bad.

14. jeffmo

no offense taken at all,i knew what you meant.
    i know that fish did have some brothers and sisters. ;) farm ponds are like that.there's a good possibility that i missed the same fish earlier that same year.i had one hooked for a while and got a good look at him then it took a run for the cattails and once he got in them it was over!that made for a long drive home.
    having the bird in it's belly is what amazed me.i remember seeing top water baits in the catalogs that were painted to look like redwing blackbirds but always thought they'd be a waste of money.guess you never know!!!

15. catking

catking Banned

These are some fantastic bass you guys are talkin about :eek: I know of one guy who has caught two 10 pounders down in this area. Nice catch Jeffmo's brother :) . Thanks for sharing......... DA KING !!!