Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Lost in the 50's
2,278 Posts
this weekend, 6/30/07 Grandview Hghts Columbus, OH.

Just watched the news and an interview with the president of the Ohio Bicycle Assoc. who is riding in the race too.

I was totally amazed that his BICYCLE COST $18,000. In case you missed this I will spell it out for you.

EIGHTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS

Am I getting this all wrong? Troops don't have the right stuff to fight with, our own PEOPLE are living on the streets, Sports players are being paid 30 million dollars over 3 years?

What is wrong with us?

DID WE FORGET?

Are we looking the wrong way?

Take some of those $200.00 a seat tickets and give it to some homeless mother to eat.

I'm done venting.:(

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Hey Trucked, I used to race bicycles back in the late 70's and 80's and yup, you can certainly spend a small fortune in equipment just like you can in Fishing so I assume your vent really was just a joke since im sure many folks would scoff at a 40+ K bass boat, or a $1000 fly rod outfit or even $400 plus for waders (without boots even....)
anyways, when I raced, my bike was worth about 2k but the key is that I was sponsored very well by many of the mojor cycling companies and got all my equipment/entry fees,clothing, travel, room and board and a small salary for free. Folks would always assume the worst when asking about the values of a quality finely tuned racing bike, little did they know it never came out of my pocket, heck I didnt even have a job as a teenager. I was as poor as they came, if it wasnt for my salary to race, would never been able to even think about doing it as a sport as it was very costly going all over the country hitting major races, again, no different then any other sport or hobby, serious folks do not think twice about spending serious money on serious equipment to do what they enjoy.
I think your signature says it all......;)

Salmonid

·
Lost in the 50's
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the boat, 8 tackle boxes, 19 various rods and reels, a nice truck, home, etc...But!!!, BUT!!! I do send what I can to the boys over there and I donate to the various homeless people around town through the church fund.

Kinda tough being on workers comp and all but my wife and I are thankful we are alive and have what we do have.

Seriously, it just floored me that a bicycle coud/would cost that much. I figured maybe 3-5 G's. I love watching those races too but I NEVER figured that much.

WOW!!!:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts