close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

BG Pond Report

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by irishfisherman, Sep 6, 2004.

1. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

Finally got around to hitting that 10acre pond in Wood County... pretty nice place, and thankfully NO CHIGGERS !!! :D but man was it HOT, the pond is ringed completley around from about 3 ft out from the shore going out to about 12-15 ft not too heavy, if your fishing buzz baits or top waters then it doesnt matter, but i'd hate to have tried to drag a spinner bait through it, seen ample amounts of small bass swimmin around, and some SMALL gill's, caught one 7 inch gill in about one hour, then gave up, might try another time later in the yr when the weeds let up and it cools down... otherwise i dont think i'll be up there for awhile, but def. nice place (cant wait to see how the improvements go i'v heard about)

2. That BG pond is a great place for relaxation and fishing. It is big, clean, and very close to the main road. I'd given up on fishing for gills when I go there. I just go for the bass, which is very very fun, on weedless plastic worm, just a little further from the weeds. Very nice place for fishing... Thanks to tomt43402 for introducing that pond.

3. irishfisherman

Oh i agree with ya on the loc. being very peaceful, easy accessable and relaxing, i'll be picking a cooler day though if i head up again, sunday was too damm hot lol

p.s anyone finds a yellow/orange 1/8ounce buzz bait on the I75 shore side, let me know, i lost 1 :p

4. bassmaniac

bassmaniac Fish now, sleep later

Where is this place?

5. irishfisherman,
    Good News ! I've got your yellow/orange 1/8ounce buzz bait.....
    Nitro882

6. irishfisherman

LOL Thanx Nitro... glad someone found it to get some use from it, hope u catch something with it .... (i didnt :( )

7. irishfisherman

Hey Bassmaniac.... its literally right behind the Correctional Center up on the east side of I75 off Rt 6 close to Wood County Health Center, the road names have changed from the origional posted directions on this forum, but its easy to find, if you head east on rt6 off I75 then take 1st left then left again, go right back and left once more (you see the Health Center)

8. rishfisherman,
    I told you so you could get it back !!! I make all my own baits.I drive the silver Dodge
    Nitro882

9. bassmaniac

bassmaniac Fish now, sleep later

Thanks Irish. Can't pass up a good pond. I'll try to make it over there next week-end. I'll post how it goes.