Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to pass along a horror story with this contractor.
I needed some electrical work done on my 2000 Striper. Nothing major, a couple of gauges weren't right, wiring check, downrigger plugs, etc. I was given his business card by another fellow boater that had the best of intentions but had not personally worked with this group.
The man I dealt with was Gaylan Fisher. He quoted a verbal price over the phone to perform the work at my home. I received a call later in the week stating he couldn't make the dock call but if I could take the boat to him in Port Clinton, he would get on it quickly. A call back from him stated the repairs would take approximately 2 days to fix. 2 WEEKS later I called and his original quote QUADRUPLED without a call from him identifying extra issues. I drove to Port Clinton and basically was told he would not honor his original quote but he did come down a couple of hundred off the high number. This was still triple what I was told. It was either that or he would have placed a maritime lein on my boat.
I paid the money and the next week 5 miles out of Vermilion, I had major electrical issues. Follow up calls with complaints were not returned nor repair work honored.
Now my boat is at Romps Waterport getting fixed properly where they are taking out all the "professional" wiring that was done and replacing it correctly.
Unless you enjoy paying exorbitant rates with no warranty,waiting 5 times longer to get repairs made, and getting your boat held hostage until you pay, think twice about this contractor.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I hate threads like this. If true, you have every right to be angry, it sounds really, really bad. But we have no way of knowing if what you say is true, or if you are a competitor of Microtek, trying to give them a bad name.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I hate threads like this. If true, you have every right to be angry, it sounds really, really bad. But we have no way of knowing if what you say is true, or if you are a competitor of Microtek, trying to give them a bad name.
I have known Sam for years, he is not a competitor of Microtek. He works in construction. Just sayin':D

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
What happened to you is terrible !!
An often overlooked but excellent source of information, both positive and negative, about companies which you are unfamiliar with - is the Better Business Bureau.
If you have a complaint, tell them and they will be able to forewarn others who call them for referrals.

GR

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
take this to judge judy...she will get to the bottom of it!!!:D

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have always been more than satisfied with the speed and work done by Chuck and crew at Romps. They run a good, clean professional and honest marina.

Good Luck and Be assured it will be fixed correctly this time,

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
From personal experience Microtak is as bad as he said. We went without a fish finder for two years becuase they took ours apart and kept saying they were waiting on parts from China. Two years many many calls - few returned, letters, BBB report.....no results. semi expensive lesson (lost a decent older fish finder but no cash).

Amazing how some people stay in buisness even though they are crooks and scam artists. :(:(:mad:

BBB Rating
Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of F.
Reasons for this rating include:
•Failure to comply with arbitration decision or mediated settlement.
•Failure to respond to 2 complaints filed against business.
•2 complaints filed against business that were not resolved.
•One serious complaint filed against business

We are one of the unresolved complaints.......when we checked on them a year or so back they were unrated with no complaints

·
BAMF
457 Posts
A friend of mine had dropped off his autopilot system to that guy and got screwed over big time! He kept telling him he was waiting on parts and such for over 2 years and now they call and there is no answer. Wouldn't reccommend that business to anyone.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
take this to judge judy...she will get to the bottom of it!!!:D
People court she's better looking and if it doesn't go your way at least you got to see her;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.