Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Feared by all that swim
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got there at 6 am this morning and returned at 11 to the boat ramp to find my Catalytic converter saw zalled off and they cut into my coolant line.I filed a police report,good news was that bass were coming out of the water eating little minnows.I caught some with pop r's and inline rooster tails.

·
Registered
411 Posts
which one is that? I'm heading there tomorrow but I don't know what's what on that lake. Last time there I launched from the ramp by the sunbury road bridge as was planning on doing that again tomorrow, unless someone can point me to a better launch since I'll be solo and I don't know where to tie up while I park the car.

·
Registered
232 Posts
That is pretty ballsy to hit a boat ramp on a Saturday morning, but they have also hit at crowded shopping malls during broad daylight.

Remember to report any suspicious people and cars as that is how they'll get caught.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Banned
2,976 Posts
Sorry to hear that bt. Cant stand thieves.

·
Feared by all that swim
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its the ramp closest to the dam right along the road.I guess I need a low rider so it wont happen.I did make a police report and he said its usually breakins at the parking lot down by the dam.As far as fishing.I had fun looking for bass busting minnows out of the water.They were eating them all around me just feet from the boat.I nailed some on pop r's

·
mr. saturday night
186 Posts
sorry to hear that some thugs hit you up... maybe they will meet thier match next time and we will hear about them on the news at 11pm....THIEVES ARE PATHETIC AND STEALING FROM A FISHERMAN IS EVEN WORSE... hope i never meet them....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems. It proves that there are idiots every where.

·
Scourge of Hoover
1,869 Posts
Wow, that is real ballzzy considering that ramp is out in the open right by Sunbury Rd. and there is nothing to hide behind. Surprised someone didn't see them.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Stinks. Sorry to hear about your experience at that ramp. Last year, someone tried to steal my trailer rims while I was on the lake. That could have been a really fun day. :-(

One thing I would recommend NOT doing ....never announce in a public forum (including this one) your plans to fish somewhere. Someone on this board or a lurker may be targeting you and your boat. Especially if they know when you plan to start/stop fishing. I think I may have done that last year before I fished Hoover....kinda got me thinking about that.

Just stick with retrospective fishing reports!

·
I jig therefore I am!
5,318 Posts
What the BLEEEEEEP! Man.. First I've heard of that. Ballsy? Stupid if you ask me. AS much crap that seems to happen at hoovers ramps, you'd think we'd get some cameras installed or something. It couldn't cost that much. I don't even want to fish there now.

http://www.panasonic.com/business/p...rity-cameras/wireless-cameras/BB-HCM371A.aspx

A couple guys with these will get the message across. Looking into purchasing one now.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
What the BLEEEEEEP! Man.. First I've heard of that. Ballsy? Stupid if you ask me. AS much crap that seems to happen at hoovers ramps, you'd think we'd get some cameras installed or something. It couldn't cost that much. I don't even want to fish there now.

http://www.panasonic.com/business/p...rity-cameras/wireless-cameras/BB-HCM371A.aspx

A couple guys with these will get the message across. Looking into purchasing one now.
theres no money in that.The park patrol is more interested in catching parking violations and other violations than catching criminals

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sorry to hear about that man. From someone who had his car stolen I know it sucks when worthless lowlifes steal your stuff.
On a side note I see you still managed to give a fishing report following your report on being robbed. That is dedication.

·
I jig therefore I am!
5,318 Posts
theres no money in that.The park patrol is more interested in catching parking violations and other violations than catching criminals
I disagree unless you look at it in the most simplistic terms. If I don't come to the lake at all because of vandalism, there's no chance of even giving me a ticket. Bottom line is I wont fish Hoover at all until I see something about stepped up patrols or the like. The whole area will hurt if you chase away the fishermen.

·
Registered
771 Posts
man, that really sucks...especially since cats dont even net a decent amount of money nowadays--they must have really been lowlifes. anyone thought of running a sting or something? see if anyone takes the bait, then you could go the videotape/citizens arrest or take it into your own hands. :p

·
I jig therefore I am!
5,318 Posts
man, that really sucks...especially since cats dont even net a decent amount of money nowadays--they must have really been lowlifes. anyone thought of running a sting or something? see if anyone takes the bait, then you could go the videotape/citizens arrest or take it into your own hands. :p
Im getting one of those remote cameras I linked. I'll be my own little sting operation. Lowlife idiots beware. Your next catalytic converter could be your last.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts