Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to head to either Alum or Hoover for some evening/night fishing on Friday. Taking all things into consideration like small boat and dock and parking safety, as well as the obvious like better fishing this time of year, which is the better spot. Looking for anything that will bite. Appreciate the input.

Jef

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Fished the middle section at hoover last night from 7-10:30. Tried everything in my arsenal to scare up a saugeye to no avail. At dusk, the smallmouth were very active just off the drops. Had a blast with some goby colored swim baits I got from fishslim.

This was my first night outing at hoover in a long time and I was somewhat concerned about returning to a deserted red bank ramp at 10:30pm. Shortly after trailering, I was relieved to see a Genoa twp police officer round the bend and stop to chat. Heck of a nice guy. He said they do a tag team with the watershed guys to make sure the parking lots are patrolled. He said the 11pm curfew makes it easier to patrol late at night because there should be NO juveniles in the parking lots or they get hauled in.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
goby colored swimbaits. were those mine? If so im glad to hear that color worked well those were the first ive made of the darker colors.
Yep :) those were yours Joshy. And they work on Alum smallmouth too ;). Too bad the one thing that makes those baits so deadly is also their weakness. The bigger the fish the sooner that tail gets bit off :(.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts