Better Get Them Now…

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BigV, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigV

BigV BigV

Edited to remove any “political overtones”…

If you don’t have a “scary black rifle” and you want one, you had better get one before our 2nd Amendment Rights are slowly dismantled.

If you don’t have any 30 round magazines, you better get them while you can.

If you have any guns in you collection that you want to sell, you better do it now.

Because once the federal Assault Weapons Ban is made permanent you will no longer be able to get these things…

Perhaps someone in the know can explain how we will “keep guns away from criminals who shouldn’t have them”…

We all know how well the “war on drugs” has worked. Billions and billions of dollars spent keeping drugs away from the criminals who shouldn’t have them…

When having guns becomes criminal, only criminals will have guns…

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. Clayton

Clayton Fly guy

Psht, criminals already have guns. Making laws that prevent crime is stupid, because criminals don't obey laws: that's what being a criminal means. The only laws that make a whole lot of sense are those that prevent upstanding citizens from doing stupid things, and those that punish criminals for things they've already done. But honestly, the AWB won't stop a criminal from buying a pistol out of someone's trunk at 3 in the morning, it'll just make life harder for gun enthusiasts.

Sigh. Politics is so dumb.

3. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

You gun people are a never ending source hilarity.

4. Clayton

Clayton Fly guy

Hey now, don't call me a gun people :p I just think that it's a waste of time to legislate against something that can't be stopped with laws, and I'd really like to see congress work on things that are possible and relevant :)

5. Well said. Everything is either extreme A or extreme B although 95% of the reality is right in the middle.

6. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

I just think it is funny that people get all worked over "assault" weapon bans. I mean heck, just look at it from a completely pedantic viewpoint. Assault is a crime right? What the heck is an assault weapon for then?

7. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

QFT

We just need to view guns as tools, like a harpoon. Or an alligator.*

*I really wanted to use Moe's quote from the same episode concerning "today's super animals", but I could not find it. dang.

8. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i figured i'd get my 2 cents worth in before the lock goes snap on this one.:)
    anyway,an assault rifle is no deadlier than a knife or a baseball bat until it's in the hands of someone who means to do harm with it.
    the emphasis needs to be put on the appropriate sentencing of criminals(how about banning plea bargains??) and making these prisons a place that people never want end up in rather than a cushy place that ISN'T SO BAD!.
    the only people that will be affected by bans and new laws are the law abiding citizens that enjoy shooting sports.

9. Do you think that we should institute a ban on knives as well? They can be deadly weapons when used in the wrong way. Or just ban the weapons that have deemed "assault" weapons?

10. BIGGUNS

BIGGUNS SFC-ARMY

Its Not About The Guns Themselves Its About Infringement Or Our Rights.and The Constitution.

11. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

I hear they offer nice bead and breakfast weekend trips at MANCI or Pickaway. Put your money where your mouth is and let us know how not so bad it is. That is, when you are able to sit at a computer again after getting your o-ring repaired.

Shooting sports? Really???

12. It was Lenny on that one:
    Lenny: Assault weapons have gotten a lot of bad press lately, but they're
    manufactured for a reason: to take out today's modern super animals,
    such as the flying squirrel, and the electric eel.

But Moe. follows with a nice one shortly after that:

Moe: Uh, hi, I'm Moe S.
    Crowd: Hi, Moe!
    Moe: Yeah, so last night I was closing up the bar, when some young
    punk comes in and tries to stick me up. [the crowd gasps]
    Sideshow Mel: Whatever did you do, Moe?
    Moe: Well, it coulda been a real ugly situation, but, I managed
    to shoot him in the spine. [crowd claps and cheers]
    Moe: Yeah. I guess the next place he robs better have a ramp!

13. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Well this is an interesting thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all I have to say about it.

14. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

Horse hockey. If that is all it was about then NRA members would support same-sex marriage too. Or do they? I haven't been reading my newsletters.

15. BIGGUNS

BIGGUNS SFC-ARMY

And By The Way The Bans They Will Put In Place Will Include Semi Auto Shotguns An Semi Auto Handguns An Semi Auto Rifles Like The Browning Bar. And There Is Nothing Wrong With Having Assault Weapons An If You Choose Not To Own One That's Your Right, But Don't Infringe On My Rights Because You Choose Not To Own One Yourself.

16. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

I Read You Loud And Clear.

17. BIGGUNS

BIGGUNS SFC-ARMY

Well If You Want To Go Marry Another Man You Go For It Its Not Me ....LOL , By The Way Where Does It Say Anything About Marrying The Same Sex In The Constitution ?

18. seethe303

do you have an issue with nuclear weapons being available to the public? because, after all, they are only deadly weapons when used in the wrong way. I sure would like to hunt squirrels with small scale nukes!!! the radioactive flesh warms my tummy! mmmmm glowing squirrels.

Also, much thanks to the poster above who found the quote for me!!! I am glad it is somewhere in this thread before it gets closed.

19. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

no, i dont and i am a member. it is about infringement of our rights. wake up. i bet if they were going to ban starbucks or scones you'd would be heading to washington to show them how hip, educated and liberal you are.

20. seethe303

starbucks makes crappy coffee, and I prefer donuts! mmmmm donuts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.