Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
wis lakes back in the woods is like that used to go every summer. last time I was at my favorite lake the blk fly,s were terrible worse than ever.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wis lakes back in the woods is like that used to go every summer. last time I was at my favorite lake the blk fly,s were terrible worse than ever.
Yes we have those Black Flies, come out around mothers day and last until fathers day.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I been thinking about going to Maine. this might stop me from thinking about it and just go. What part of Maine are you at?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I been thinking about going to Maine. this might stop me from thinking about it and just go. What part of Maine are you at?
Central Maine, Just for your info, there are no limits on crappie. They are not in all of the lakes but many in the southern/central part of Maine. Also I see that yellow perch is also sought after in Ohio. Again in Maine we have no limits and a lot of the same lakes are full of these fish also. Bass, salmon, trout are the fish most targeted by Mainers. I go after the crappie from time to time and than start saltwater fishing for strippers in the summer.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
never been to maine I have a small motor home about 24ft . all I need is a place to park. point me to the lakes[names] I,m 74 and my wife and I might just go for a ride. like just looking around. any info appr.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Maine is nice, lived there in the early 80's. Worked at the shipyard and lived in bowdin. Used to fish the coby a lot. Better lakes are more up north. And it's not far from the ocean, best of both worlds. And big deer, and hopefully they still have grouse there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maine is nice, lived there in the early 80's. Worked at the shipyard and lived in bowdin. Used to fish the coby a lot. Better lakes are more up north. And it's not far from the ocean, best of both worlds. And big deer, and hopefully they still have grouse there.
I also worked and retired from the shipyard and lived in Bowdoin in the 80's. Yes we still have grouse in Maine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
never been to maine I have a small motor home about 24ft . all I need is a place to park. point me to the lakes[names] I,m 74 and my wife and I might just go for a ride. like just looking around. any info appr.
You might try Androscoggin Lake for starters (near Augusta Maine). there are probably another 20 lakes within 30 minutes of it that can be fished. Unlike Ohio, Maine is covered in Lakes and rivers with most being perfectly clear.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You might try Androscoggin Lake for starters (near Augusta Maine). there are probably another 20 lakes within 30 minutes of it that can be fished. Unlike Ohio, Maine is covered in Lakes and rivers with most being perfectly clear.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Moosehead Lake! Stay at the the Moosehead State Park. About 30 lakes all close together! Smallmouth, stripers, salmon and trout! Plus many streams to fish also! Absolutely beautiful area!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
We stay at a place called Beachcove resort in Boothbay Harbor. You have stripers on one side in the ocean and a freshwater lake on the other. I have caught so many LM (and a few SM) in there it’s crazy. I don’t see another person on the water hardly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts