Best wings you know how to make

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by KATKING, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Whats everyones fav. way to make wings

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i usually keep it simple.brine,bake,then toss in a mixture of melted butter and old pete's hot sauce.simple,but yummy:)
    sometimes,a teryaki marinade for a change.

3. i like to get that jack Daniels BBQ sauce and poke holes in the wings and let them sit in the sauce for like 3 hours then bake them

4. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Cut your wings into sections,throw out the tip.
    Fry plain without any breading or seasoning.
    Drain on paper towels and immediately drench in and out of sauce.
    Stir sauce each time prior to dipping wings.

Simmer this sauce on low while your wings fry.
    1/2 cup Franks Red Hot
    1/2 cup Ketchup
    1 1/2 sticks of margarine or butter

Enjoy!

You can substitute boneleast breast meat cut into cubes or chunks.
    If you use breast,I like to dredge them in flour prior to frying to hold the sauce

5. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

Cook them on the grill for about an hour, cooking off almost all of the fat. Then put on your sauce of choice, I like Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce mixed with a lot of tobasco. Once the sauce is on, keep grilling them for about 5-10 min., while adding more sauce and flipping them over continuously.
    Way better than fried!

Brian

6. sporty

sporty OGF Team - Charter Member

Throw them on the smoker until they come up to temp. Then on the grill to crisp them up a bit. Mmmmmmmmm!

7. deep fry them and than toss them in a container with your choice of quaker steaks wing sauce.

i prefer the buckeye bbq but louisana licker is mighty tasty as well

let it sit for about 10 min

than serve with ice cold beer

8. Deep fry at 375 degrees & drain
    mix sauce as follows:
    1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
    1 tblsp veg oil
    1 tsp butter
    1 tsp cider or white vinegar
    1/4 tsp garlic powder

throw 1 dozen or so wings in a skillet with just a little oil (just to moisten skillet)
    pour sauce over wings, heat to medium hot, fry while tossing until sauce is absorbed into wings. The wings will be a drier wing & the flavor is cooked all through them...not just a surface coat. I have yet to serve these without getting RAVE reviews!
    Mike

9. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Get fresh wings from a poultry shop. They usually already have them cut apart. Let them set at room temp for about a 1/2 hour prior to frying. I like to coat them with Zatarains fish fry mixture. Fry at 360 degrees until GBD (golden brown delicious). They usually float when they are about done, then I give them one more minute. Set on a drying rack for a minute or two.

I like to toss them in the following honey mustard sauce:

3 parts honey

1 part Dijon mustard

1 tbsp yellow mustard

1 tbsp white wine vinegar

10. Take your wings and rinse;dry well. Season flour with paperika, garlic powder, and pepper (you don't need salt...there's enough in the sauce). Mix eggs with a little milk. Bread wings with flour, egg wash, then flour again. Put in fridge for about an hour. Deep fry untill done and drain on paper towels. While wings are chilling and frying make sauce. Recipe is:
    1-354 ml bottle of Fanks red hotsauce
    1-TBS cayenne pepper
    1-TBS black pepper
    1-TBS Tabasco sauce (If you like it hot use the habanero
    variety)
    1-TBS chili peppers (I use red pepper flakes)
    2-TBS brown sugar
    2-TBS butter
    Add all ingredients in a sauce pan over low heat. Stir untill bubbely and starting to thicken. Put wings in bowl with lid. Spoon sauce over them. Put lid on and shake. The sauce recipe should coat about 20 - 30 jumbo sized wings. Serve with the usual Blue cheese/ranch dressing, veggie sticks, and a roll of paper towels. If your wings get done before the sauce, keep warm in the oven. All I ask is that if any of you guys try this, shoot me a pm and let me know how they were.

11. Coat wings with your favorite seasonings, I use onion, garlic, chili powders, dry mustard, basil, thyme, oregano and cilantro.

I throw mine on the grill and cook indirect for an hour or more. I baste them with this:

1/2 cup oil
    1 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
    juice of 2 limes
    fresh cilantro
    several types of chili- I use cayenne, jalepeno, serrano, etc...with or w/o seeds and use 4 to 8, cut in half.
    2 or 5 colves garlic
    sea or kosher salt
    fresh black pepper

puree in bender and brush on wings throughout cooking time. To finish I move the wings over the coals to crisp up the skin and I then brush them with a Thai peanut sauce such as Bangcock Padang until well coated and started to carmelize. The Padang sauce is made by House of Tsang and you can get it a Krogers,etc.... the sauce is also good on grilled dove and duck/ goose.

12. fresh wings(not frozen) joint them out
    take a few packs of powered ranch dressing mix. dump them into a bowl
    roll wings in the mix and then dip them in red hot bake at 350 till almost done
    then hit them on broil for a few seconds these will come out crispy but tender...

13. Now you guys went and done it...have to go to the store tomorrow...and have to stop by the meat section..pick up a pack of wings..Don't know which recipe to use they all sound so GOOOOOOOD.
    MADE ME HUNGRY...C.L...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  14. Its all about the presentation, fella's! :)

Attached Files:

15. Wash and deep fry 2 lbs.wings.
    Sauce is simple but deadly.
    1/2 cup unsalted butter
    1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot
    2 cloves garlic minced
    Melt the butter and clarify in saucepan, wisk in Frank's and garlic, toss with wings.

16. rolland

rolland Fishing Noob

i really dont measure the ingredents to my wings but ill do my best to explain. Zip lock bag, then add few tbls spoons apple cider vinigar, suger, few shakes salt/pepper. then I add whatever flavor I want be it a bottle of franks red hot, ranch dressing whatever im in the mood for. Make sure you have enough sauce to cover the wings in a baking dish. If the sauce taste good the wings will. Then I stick em in the frige over night and bake em at 350. 3/4 way threw baking I open the stove and spoon out all the juice and let em cook the rest of the way.

17. ...boatnut..your presentation would make any man droll....now that is great EATING...as they say it tastes like chicken....C.L...
    P.S. I don't want my world set on fire...How do you make franks red hot mild...

18. add butter...that will help with the heat

19. Or add ranch/blue cheese dressing to the sauce. Whichever one you like but it can cut the heat to nothing.

My favorite wings are smoked then grilled. Put whatever you want on them but that base layer is incredible!

20. ...Thanks guys...I would prefer mine Mild ..Hot but not too hot..Had a friend that ate hot wings at Quaker Steak and Lube...First bite and he told me he never tasted the wings after it...That's to damn hot for me...
    I WANT TO ENJOY THEM...C.L...