close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best ways to perfect the flip and pitch technique.

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Fish4Fun, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Ok I know practice practice practice. My main questions have to do with set up i would guess. I have been using Curados all yr i hardly ever have a backlash now and can usually cast to the spot iam aiming for. Pitching is not a problem if iam using a heavy lure or spinnerbait or jig. But starts to present problems when i have a light worm on or spinnerbait. As for flipping i havent done to much with that this year but iam looking to broaden my tech for next year and remainder of this yr. So any suggestions would be great. or anyone that would like to hook up and show me some how to's with bait casters that i can practice over the winter.

2. I'd be happy to help you out if your are near Berlin Lake. I live in Damascus, Ohio adn could take you out on a lake nearby for some flipping and pitching.

3. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

I live in the Fredericktown area about 5min from knox lake Triton. I just would really like to learn as much as i can and try to get better at what i am doing this is my first yr with baitcasters and i have come a long way but have alot to learn also. I would not be agianst coming up to berlin sometime when schedules permit and hooking up with you though.

4. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

The best practice I have found besides going to the lake and doing it is to go in the back yard and pitch in a small wash tub or something. you want to make sure there is water in it and you are standing on something so you are practicing on the same level as boat in the water. You want water in the tub so you can work on your entry of the lure to the water. Thats the best way to practice. The tub I use has a 2 foot diamiter. Should be this size or smaller cause any hole or patch you pitch or flipp to is going to be this size or smaller usually. Also is a great way to watch what you lure does when it hits the water. Hope this helps

:D