close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best way to sell collectible guns

Discussion in 'Guns and Ammo' started by OhYeah, Jul 17, 2008.

1. I have a 300 H&H rifle, and a British Officers, S&W, .455 hand ejector pistol.
    I don't trust selling them myself on the internet.
    I don't mind giving a gun shop a commission, but they want to keep the guns and have only offered a piece of paper guaranteeing their return. I've heard the horror stories of gun shops going out of business and that too worries me.

Am I being too untrusting? Suggestions please.

GR

2. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

Figure out a value and take to a Gun Show

3. I would trust selling it myself over leaving it with an unknown gun dealer. I have sold many guns on Gunbroker and have found it simple, safe and easy. I can't say I have ever been disappointed with the amount received either. It is really the ideal way to sell as you receive a true market price through the auction system.

4. I buy through bunbroker which in my eyes is riskier then selling due to putting up money before recieving the gun, but I have never had a problem.

If you use gunbroker,just make sure you recieve the FFL for the person you are selling to, and mail it with signature confirmation and insurance.

5. You can always sell to a gun shop outright. Most shops will give you 50-70%of retail value and you get cash in pocket without having to wait for the next show. Also don't have to worry about selling to someone who can't own a firearm.