Best way to market a rifle.

Discussion in 'Guns and Ammo' started by pal21, Jan 5, 2009.

1. I have a 6.5x55 Swedish mauser that I bought some years back. I belive it is a model 38 with turned down bolt. All it is doing is taking up space and collecting dust. Being as this is the sort of item that may only interest a select few I'm wondering what would be the best places to sell such an item?

I'm not sure what it would bring, so I would like to get estimate on value also.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction.

Thanks.

2. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

has the gun been sporterized? or still full length stock?

3. Look for the same rifle on auctionarms.com or gunbroker.com to get an idea of worth. Those sites are the "ebay" of gun sales. You can list it there if you want.

4. I have one of each. One I had sporterized by a gunsmith, who did a really nice job, and the other is untouched. I plan on keeping the sporterized one for the time being. It is the second one I am considering selling.

5. Found it on the Samco Global site. What I have is a model 38 short rifle, turned down bolt. Samco has them listed at $319 good to v.good condition. That gives me a good place to start. I have the sling and muzzel break on mine. Guess I should list it in the market place. Thanks for the help.

6. Would LOVE to see some pics of it! Got any?!?!

7. there are pics in my gallery - pal21