close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best Way to fish for Chrome

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by Big_Boy, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Salmon Eggs

11 vote(s)
    27.5%
  2. Spoons- Casting

12 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Minnows

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. Fly Fishing

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. jig and maggot

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. Power Bait

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  7. Spoons-Trolling

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  8. Let your Fishing Buddie catch them all and take the Credit.

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. What is the best way to fish for steelhead??? and what are your favorite ways???? Any "Different" ways???? What is your Favorite River Grand or Chagrin???? Why

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

jig n maggot. easy to carry and the maggots last a long time in the fridge or truck at this time of year.

3. I would have to choose spoons although I would like to have this multiple choice....This time of year it seems I go for the ultralight first.

Nothing like fighting them on light tackle!

4. Although I use several methods to catch steelies I'd have to say I like casting spoons best. I just love it when you feel them hit your spoon like a runaway truck, as opposed to just watching your float disappear underwater when drifting wax worms or spawn. With casting spoons or inline spinners you can cover a lot more water as well, and since they have treble hooks I land far more of my hookups this way.

5. DanAdelman

DanAdelman getting jigging with it

casting spoons and spinners is definately the only way to go for me and We tend to catch less but bigger fish then the float guys... tried floating quite a few times did all the research and put in the time with no results...

6. I like trolling rivers spring and fall with #7 & #9 rapala's with lite gear just love the rush of that lite stuff getin smacked and sometimes there in the air before ya even no there hooked. gota love it. landed a 30" 10lber trollin the shore in 15 fow. just east of the grand on sunday.

THERE'S ONE