close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

best walleye lake in n.e. ohio?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by stormfront, Jul 22, 2007.

1. stormfront

stormfront Guest

would like opinions on which lake is best for walleyes in northeast ohio. pymy is going through a dry spell and may have to search for new waters next spring. thanks for any input.

2. Justin S

Justin S c-ya on the water

lake erie without a doubt!

3. stormfront

stormfront Guest

without a doubt, you are right. i should have phrased it better. i was looking at inland lakes specifically. thanks, jus.

4. Mosquito lake would be my pick . They stock it good & it's at it's best in spring & fall. Not great on size but there are some nice ones. Also plenty of room to fish.

5. i would have to agree on Mosquito but ive also heard good things on berlin lake. it may be worth a try

6. If you want eaters, Mosquito, PERIOD. If you want BIG, West Branch , without a doubt. My three biggest Eyes came from the Branch in the last ten years, 29 1/2, 291/2, 30". I took a pic this week of a 31" that hit a musky bait.
    John

7. Mosquito has the numbers but I think Miltons got both size and number. Never seen SO MUCH bait! Hands down more than the rest. Ill be out trollin Skeeter tonight. Hope this works but seems as soon as the wind dies so does the bite. Steams been setting up on most lakes by midnight but Pymy and Skeeter. So off I go! 5MPH north winds should make for nice trollin on the south end.

8. I'd go with Mosquito it's the closest to you

9. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I catch more in Milton than anywhere. I only bass fish, but those Milton walleye sure like bass lures!!!