close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

best spot

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by t8km, Jul 6, 2004.

1. t8km

t8km

hey guys just registered on to this site and fairly new to the region. was wondering where is the best place to fish,lake or river, i don't expect anyone to give up their honey hole, unless they want too ;) , in northwest ohio. boat or shore fishing it doesn't matter, and any kind of fish.

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

try the maumee for smallies action..

3. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

What town do you live in. That might help us make a couple suggestions. ;)

4. I fish Maumee Bay and the river, Pearson Park, Orlando Park, Side cut, all have there good and bad days.

5. Also what kind of fish are you looking for?

6. Not really sure whats in Senaca county,I usually fish some res, up here and the maumee river,when work alows

7. t8km

t8km

looking to catch anything that will bite, i've been looking into these upgroud resivors, anyone have any luck with em. i live in the sycamore-melmore area in seneca county.

8. maumeemoon

maumeemoon Just one more cast...

I lived in the Old Fort/Fort Seneca area when I was in high school and have spent some time fishing both Beaver Creek Reservoir and the Clyde Reservoir. There is good fishing in both reservoirs, a small boat helps, but you can catch alot of fish from shore if you try. Bass action off the shore on the drop offs, crappie around the structure and bluegills everywhere, Channel cats distributed through-out and walleye/saugeye/perch out in the depths. The big thing is putting in a little bit of time exploring the areas, find a map of the reservoirs, this will cut down some of the exploration time. Try www.sportsmansconnection.com - they sell a Northern Ohio fishing maps spiral bound book that has alot of information on the reservoirs in the area. It also gives you a feel for what you might find in the reservoirs if you have never fished them. Good luck, let us know how you do.