close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

best shore fishing

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by big black jeep, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Hi all, I don't have a boat so I am trying to find the best place with easy access for shore fishing. Any tips would also be welcome. thanks

2. What you fishing for?? I can think of lots of good places but they all vary depending on what species you're after...

3. baisically anything that i can get on a pole. I love to fish and it don't matter what. also where my little brother can go and catch fish easily

4. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

seeing your from dublin i would try fishing any of the dublin city ponds. the police station has a couple that have some good bass and gill action in them. also try the 5800 building which is directly across from the cop shop (other side of 33). you should be able to get a map of the city parks and it has the ponds marked on them. also try the homestead park ponds out off of cosgray. to get to this one , take avery road south to hayden run, turn right at the light and go about 2 miles, turn left at the flashing light and its about 3/4 of a mile on your right. let me know if you need better directions or want some other spots...

sowbelly

5. i would recomend north of 42 on 257. once the water warms, and clears its pretty good fishing. we catch everything up there but s-eyes :cool:

sowbelly makes a very good point. cosgray can be good at times, but more times than not its a waste of time. Although we have caught some nice crappie there. I would just cruze around dublin, murifield area. See a pond stop and fish. Ive got alot of nice bass in dublin, but cant give up the locations. Check the bass pics on my website, most of these are from dublin area!

http://members.fishingworks.com/tahoej77/index.cfm

:D

6. striperfreak

striperfreak stripes and smallies

i fish up there alot, but this year hasnt been good to me yet. of course its been muddy, til now. fish the rivers. olentangy and scioto. easy acess, lots of fish.

7. Pharley

Pharley Hook 'Em

You can always find fish along the banks at Alum Creek. I like fishing all the coves off the Africa Rd side. Always get into a ton of bass, and have caught some nice eyes out of weed beds shallow- even in the hot summer. Crappie and bluegill also, with an occasional cat jumping on a minnow.

8. DAVEM

DAVEM TOP WATER SMALLIES

big black jeep, I fish from shore a lot at Alum and love fishing off of 36/37 and Cheshire rd. Cast jigs early in the morning or late in the evening. Access is easy. Park on the southeast side of 36/37 and walk west till you cross over the bridge. Keep walking till you are halfway down the causeway. To fish Cheshire there is a parking lot just north of Africa rd and Cheshire on the left. Pull in there and start walking the rocks. Excellent smallmouth and saugeye fishing there. The key is go early before all the Yahoos get out there.