Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm really in need of a few spots that I can catch large bass from within having a boat.

Where would you suggest as some of the best places to do so? What artificial baits work best at that place?

Thanks!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have gotten a lot of nice bass ( Large mouth and smallies ) in Geneva marina. I used to fish it a lot before I got my Kayak. 4" or 5" Berkley power bait Leeches pulled me a lot of nice bass from there. Used to get Quality 4 or 5 pounders from there but now it seems like you get more quantity then quality! I've had many 20 plus bass days there. You even get a couple bonus Pike and Bowfin some times.

·
Banned
1,522 Posts
Inside any of the breakwalls. Just gotta find some areas with some plants or rocks and cast over em with black rooster tails. Breakwalls are off limits so that hurt a lot of my shore bass fishing this year but i’ll get over it next month probably.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I’m not a bass fisherman, but I trolled the perimeter of ladue in a kayak between 422 and the dam last year and caught 3 largemouth 14-17” on flicker shads. All we’re within casting distance of shore. It was probably July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm really in need of a few spots that I can catch large bass from within having a boat.

Where would you suggest as some of the best places to do so? What artificial baits work best at that place?

Thanks!
Not sure how far you want to travel But Deer Creek north of Alliance has some nice Large Mouths have caught them on PB And J Jig with pork trailer

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
By foot, I've found Wellington Upground and Medina Reservoir can be stellar. Weedless soft plastics and a split shot. Pumpkinseed during the day, black at night. Cast out to edges of weed beds and just watch the line take off. Pack light and start walking. Good luck!

·
Great cycle challenge team OHIO GAME FISHING
1,806 Posts
Guy was catching them drop shot at pymatuning casting north of the bridge. Another guy said "wow man you gotta do that at the mosquito bridge "

·
Registered
7 Posts
By foot, I've found Wellington Upground and Medina Reservoir can be stellar. Weedless soft plastics and a split shot. Pumpkinseed during the day, black at night. Cast out to edges of weed beds and just watch the line take off. Pack light and start walking. Good luck!
Can you get a kayak into Medina?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Can you get a kayak into Medina?
Absolutely you can. I'd recommend parking on the North side off Granger Rd. You can also park off of Rt. 18 but it might be a bit tough to haul the yak up the steep incline. I've seen some do it, but you also got large slabs of concrete to bring it down on the water. The Granger Rd parking is best for the yak.
Map

1 - 11 of 11 Posts