Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going Drifting for Walleye SAT/SUN wheres the best/easiest place to launch in lorain/vermillion where theres a bait shop and good ramps......OH YEAH and some walleye! Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
11,356 Posts
Lorain has great ramps plus a bait shop and plenty of good walleye in the area for drifting, casting and trolling. Check out the prior threads on Lake Erie forum.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
For the past two weeks (Monday 5/28, Saturday 6/2) We put in at Lorain but ended up running to Vermillion due to a slow drifting bite.

I have a party to go to Tomorrow, but my father-in-law will be out with the same game plan again. Start west of harbor in Lorain and move west as needed to find an active drifting bite. With calm seas it's a not a bad boat ride to Vermilion if that's where the better action is.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Lorain Hot Waters puts you on the lake with good free ramps, bait store, and fish not far. The city ramp on the river is a long ride to the lake.

It's north of the junction of Rte 57 and Rte 6....behind the Lorain police station.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
One bit of Lorain advice though. If you are an early bird, don't count of getting bait at the shop at the ramp (hot waters). They never seem to be open when you need them to be. I usualy stop at Lakeside bait on Colorado Ave.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts