close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best Place to get a John boat?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zfish, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Okay guys... Im looking to get about a 16ft john boat hopefully with factory floor and possibly setup for remote steering here very shortly. I'd love to hear where you guys have gotten yours, who gave you the best deals and who treated the customer the best. Mainly looking at the 1648 and 1652 or 1654 series. Most of the dealers I've talked to seem to handle Lowe. At the moment really only need boat only. New or used is fine. :)

2. Ðe§perado™

Ðe§perado™ Catfisherman/Bowfisherman

I got my Lowe 1648 from Knox marina in Fredericktown. I had to order it for a short shaft motor and a factory floor in it, also has a live well. In the book it's called the Big Jon. You seen it zfish, and seen it beat misfit's ride....lol call 1-877-694-3011 or 740-694-7774. They will help you out and they do have some used motors too. Right next to Knox lake's boat ramp.

3. Zfish

Been there lots of times :) Glad to see you on the site. Hope you wanna hit Hoover this year for some Crappies :D I have a lot of pices so far and Knox has just about everyone beat. Thats what Im looking at is the actually from there and the boat is cheap too. I may just have something else in mind though. I've made a lot of calls today ;)

4. toad

toad geriatrics supporter

I remenber that. Misfit kept telling me to jump out of his boat to lighten the load.
    Mike if you get a set up like Ðe§perado has you'll finally have a real fishing boat. Now if we can only teach you how to catch fish. :rolleyes: :D :D

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

that would have made a big difference :rolleyes:

we'll have to have a rematch this year.

6. Zfish

Hey now... I may not be the best but I still normally catch more than you :D So if I can't catch fish then Im not sure what to tell you... :eek: LOL. Dont worry though Misfit and Toad. I'll be harassin you two on the water a lot more this year than last. Looking forward to it already!!

7. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

ditto on knox. save me a lot of money for the 1 1/2 hour drive to get my lowe 1677 wt.

Attached Files:

8. Zfish

Freyed. That is a nice looking boat :) Im still a too poor for that one since I just sprang on the new truck but something late 80s to new in 16 to 18 ft aluminum would definatly put me where I wanna be !!

9. Try E-Bay. I've bought two jons off there(8, 12 ft.) They were both dirt cheap and the 8 footer was brand new. I'm sure you could find a good one.
    LaDo

10. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

go to www.ohiowaterfowler.com and check out there classifieds. there are a few used jons there. but they may have a funny paint job ,so you can sneak up on dem fishes.

11. Zfish

Thanks for the post :)