close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

best place to buy new motor

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by catfishingforfun, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Son just bought a 14 foot jon boat and we are looking for a new 7 to 9 horsepower motor for it. We have looked at a few place and we are wondering where is the best place near cincinnati to buy one.
    Thanks

2. I've been searching around for one also, I've found a lot of them that just didn't fit what I was looking for. I might be able to point you in the right direction - you need short shaft or long? 2 stroke or 4? The places I have looked are up in Columbus but that's not too far.

3. Would like to have 4 stroke. Not sure if I need short or long shaft. We are new to boats and not sure how i tell which one i need. So I gues i should be asking how do we tell if we need long or short shaft?
    Thanks

4. The best place to buy a motor in the country, HANDS DOWN is Edsmarine Superstore. They are located in VA and will ship any motor you want directly to your door. AND-if the motor is under 10hp, you won't have to pay any sales tax!!!!!!!!!! *Tax is paid at the time of titling the motor, and motors under 10hp have no title! Ed's carries Yamaha(I have 3 of them), Mercury, Suzuki, Evinrude, Johnson, ETC. web address: edsmarinesuperstore.com Good luck!!-Gabe

5. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

ED's told me the only motor they could ship was a Suzuki. They said Merc would not permit them to ship from Va to Ohio. I just talked to them this week about an 8 hp Merc.

6. Don't know if it is "the best place" to buy, but Bass Pro is offering 12 months same as cash on purchase of $299 or more during their big Fishing Sale (Starts
    this weekend). The best place in my mind would be where you can get the best deal. For outboards under 10hp most if not all maintenance can be performed
    by anybody with a mechanical aptitude, so I am not sure having a service dept. is a factor.