Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:B
Last night(Tuesday) My cousin and I were out on the lake in our small boat. We had caught some bluegills for live and cut bait. We settled in a new spot and cast out. After about 30 mins my cousin hooked up with a huge fish. After about 10 minutes he finally got it in and it weighed 16 pounds. I was a little disapointed because I have "guided" my friends to several 10+ pound fish in the last sevral years and never catching one myself. I cast out again and about ten minutes after his I get a good bite and set the hook. The fish tried to spool me and we had to pull up anchors and follow him, it turned out to be a twin 16 pounder. It was so far the best night we have ever had out at Mogadore.Will try to add photo later

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The guy at mogadore bait said he weighed one that was 17.5 pounds last sunday night. I'm reaching for that goal next.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
What beasts come forth in the night!

Pretty awesome. Nice job finding two in the same night.

I always shy away from night fishin but some of these cat reports have got me rethinking that.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Man thats a beauty, you can be proud of that one. my biggest channel to date is 16 1/2 from nimisilla back in 71. been to 15 a couple times but.....that is sweet!!!!!!!!

·
useless poster
8,807 Posts
nice catch , how long was it? i caught a 28 inch cat and forgot to weight it . mine came from erie though while trolling. the best fight i ever had ,well maybe except for an accidental snagged carp at the rocky river while bass fishing.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We didnt get exact measurements as the ruler i had only went to 30". I figure one was 33" and the other was 35". It was a great night. We went again last night and only caught one but it was seven pounds. The weather was completely diiferent and I think it turned them off a little bit.

·
Registered
317 Posts
did u get the whoppers on live gills? wat about the 7 lber. nice fish, wish the pic was bigger to do him justice!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
we were using cut gills. Both nights. The one night I dont take my camera, is the night we actually catch huge fish. The pic was taken on my cell thats why it is small and kinda crappy.

·
THE ONE YOU LOVE TO HATE
1,110 Posts
Nice one Hishnhunt!

Do you ever run into any of the massive bowfin in Mog whilst
fishing the cut bait?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts