Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is my first thread so I thought that I would share some tips with all of you who have been kind enough to post threads before me. The best areas to catch fish in the Hocking/ Athens area are as follows 1. Lake Snowden (x-raps, Bass assassins, RatL Traps), and the color that I have seen the most productive day in and day out is actually rainbow trout don't ask me why no trout I know of in the lake spinners/pig'n jigs don't get much action at least for me compared to the other baits I've listed not compromising size of fish either. 2. Lake Hope, I see some huge bass in this lake, with a ton of 12in bass as well This is a RatL Trap lake, pig and jig and poppers are just killer if you like catching 30+ dinks in a day along with a couple 2+ pounders. It is however electric only. Help the fishery, and your friends/ kids out bring an extra battery and take home a full stringer of 12-14" bass for a fish fry. This lake has a ton of 6-10lbs bass in it as well.... It's crystal clear lake a lot like northern Minnesota, or even Canadian lakes 5+ feet of visibility. That's why top water is so productive on this lake... not to mention it really is underfished. I hear Rose lake is phenomenal as well... It's located on a trail after Old Man's Cave in Logan.. I hear people saying 5-9lbs are fairly common on a good day with large minnows on a bobber, and that the lake is very clear as well. I also hear Burr Oak has some nice bass in it, but my experience is that it might be a little over fished, the bass definitely see alot of pig' n' jigs , spinner baits and buzz baits, try an x-rap or a ratl' trap and I bet you would have a good day with some 3lbrs+ possible

1 - 1 of 1 Posts