Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I just getting started in kayak fishing and I would like advice on a good starter kayak that won't break the bank? Right now I'm looking at a Sun Dolphin 12ft Bali Sit on Top Kayak at Dicks. What do you all think?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
972 Posts
Am I just getting started in kayak fishing and I would like advice on a good starter kayak that won't break the bank? Right now I'm looking at a Sun Dolphin 12ft Bali Sit on Top Kayak at Dicks. What do you all think?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Thats a good question but you will need to add a little more information before you get any responces. I would start with where you expect to use the yak, moving water, big rivers, small creeks, lake erie, small inland lakes as that will make a difference on what yak to choose. Also how big of a guy are you?.
There is alot of skilled yak guys on here that have pointed me in the right direction but you got to give them a base to start with.

·
Just practicing my cast
4,718 Posts
+1 the more info you give them the more they can help you out
Thats a good question but you will need to add a little more information before you get any responces. I would start with where you expect to use the yak, moving water, big rivers, small creeks, lake erie, small inland lakes as that will make a difference on what yak to choose. Also how big of a guy are you?.
There is alot of skilled yak guys on here that have pointed me in the right direction but you got to give them a base to start with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts