Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to sell a 20 foot Glastron/not fishing friendly boat that we gave to our son while he was in the military as we wanted to step back to a bigger boat. Well he left for Denver as his residence shortly after he was honorably discharged recently and left us to sell the boat for him. No problem.

The entire proceeds of the sale go to him.

I have had the boat listed on Craigslist for the past 2 weeks and have received 3 bogus offers to buy the boat..........one scam and 2 never calling me back after saying they were interested.

I am guess I could also try ebay but I would like to avoid a long distance purchase if I can, as well as the ebay fees.

Any positive ebay boat selling experiences?

Any other internet sites you can recommend for selling this boat?

Should I consider selling it through a broker (I hate to pay the fee though)?

TIA for your suggestions.

BTW: I know that selling a boat in Fall is tough but I have offered to pay for winter outdoor storage fees.

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
i would list it on here first and just see what happens. if it dont sell you can always list it on ebay. you can have a buy it now price and a mininum starting price on the auction. i dont know what ebay charges to list an item if it dont sell. the best of luck to you. oh yea, there is always the indiana auto and rv books. they have several locations you can choose to list it in. just something you might want to check into.
sherman

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Try this site: http://www.autorv.com/
It's the mag you get free at the grocery store every week!! They have free web ads once you pay the modest fee to have it put into the weekly magazine. I am reluctant to advise people to use this since I've done so several times and they "sluffed it off"!(Don't do that!) I've personally, quickly sold a nice Chevy Silverado and a 20 ft all-species fishing boat on there to the first callers after the mag. hit the stores.(I got my price too!!) You can list in Ohio as well as several adjoining states. Try it, IT WORKS-and good luck!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts