Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I'd ask the best for their opinion on the best fishfinder to buy for trolling suspended eyes on Erie. (also jigging) Using a four year old Eagle now that doesn't cut it. Wouldn't mind getting a dual with the Gps if possible for between 6 and seven bills. Anyone using the humminbird with the quadrabeam transducer? or is lowrance the only way to go?

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I figured I'd ask the best for their opinion on the best fishfinder to buy for trolling suspended eyes on Erie. (also jigging) Using a four year old Eagle now that doesn't cut it. Wouldn't mind getting a dual with the Gps if possible for between 6 and seven bills. Anyone using the humminbird with the quadrabeam transducer? or is lowrance the only way to go?
Ask the Question here they just ask this

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/

·
"The Widow's Son"
436 Posts
EyeBall Hunter,

Not sure why the last post was sending you to Michigan but...

I was like you and wanting a combo unit and everyone was telling me to get 2 seperate units and I was hestitate at buying seperate units.

Guess what... After researching for 6 months, I got 2 seperate units.

A Raymarine DS500X fishfinder and a Lowrance LMS-522 iGPS w/o transducer. I have less than $900 in both units.

I'm glad that I purchased 2 seperate units. I will have a full 5" screen on both displays.

Hiram Abbiff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts