close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best day of my life to this point!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by brideout, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Hey all I think the title says it all lol. It is for sure the best day in a long while. First off today is my bday so I went ahead and scheduled mon and tues vacation. I spent the entire day yesterday with my fiance shopping for our wedding which was ok but I wanted to get out fishing since I was off. She told me to suck it up it would be worth my wait lol. Well this morning as she was leaving for work @ 6am she woke me with a $100 in dicks gift cards so that got me ready to go. But I had to wait till they opened so I ate breakfast clean up my tackle and made a list of what I needed. Spent that money quickly and decided to hit a pond for some bass. I have never really tried senko's or wacky rig so I figured I would try both. Started throwing some Yum Dingers took me while to get the hang of it but once I did I picked up about 8 bass 4 of them 15-17 range. My cousin was with me and he grabbed a few gills on crawlers which was a blast for him. I still get to go out for a steak dinner this evening and get a check from my parents lol its great.

Rideout

2. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

That does sound like a pretty good day!

3. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

Congrats on a good day, I told ya senkos are the way to go,lol.

4. They are great but I think I lost one for every fish I caught though lol.

5. StuckAtHome

Thats why I buy knockoffs, bps makes good ones and I got 100 of my favorite color from VENOM for $12! One per fish isn't bad, wacky rigging the darn fish shakes her head and off it goes...

6. Wacky rigging a Yum Dinger is my "go to" bait, especially in this heat. I cut a piece of electrical shrink tubing and put it in the center of the worm and then hook through it. It extends the life of your worm and you hardly ever lose the worm like you normally would reeling them in. I haven't noticed any difference in the hook up ratio.

7. StuckAtHome

Thats one heck of an idea, glad I thought of it,lol. Another idea I want to try is place a small o-ring around the worm then hook under the ring but not in the worm, I think case sells a tools for this but it can be made easily.

8. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

yep mike. I got some rings, but I can figure something out instead of buying the 6$ tool.

9. StuckAtHome

Well dude, when you make yours, make an extra for your good fishing buddy! I'll buy a load of o-rings.

10. I read somewhere on here shortly after I responded about someone using o rings to hold them in place and get more than one use out of them. Count me in if there is an easy homemade tool I can make or buy for cheap lol.

Rideout

11. shwookie

I'm certain a common household item will work. Let me look around tommorrow and see what turns up.

12. Looking at the website you posted, it looks like you could use part of a pen.

13. shwookie

I thought about that, but I don't think a pen has a big enough diameter.

14. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

1/4" or 3/8" brass tubeing like 4" long might do the trick.

I have copy rights to that.

15. How about those bic pens that have 3-4 colors in them. You push down the desired color! That may be fat enough to work.

16. shwookie

you're getting warmer.

17. StuckAtHome

I'm going to goto Sears Hardware Friday to get some o-rings and something like the tool I need for it.